Tuesday 19 February 2013

Been dabbling......


 A few weeks ago the wonderful Stevie Davies led a number of us from the Hallam Group of the Society of Designer Craftsmen in a fused glass taster workshop.....and I was hooked. Since then I have spent my Xmas money (thanks mum) on a hot pot kiln and starter pack kindly supplied to me by Stevie who puts it all together with clear instructions on the do's and don'ts. All you then need is a microwave and some free time and a very tolerant husband and daughter who for the moment at least are prepared to share the microwave oven (I know it is not a good idea Stevie and I shall be sorting that one!) and hey presto here are my first efforts..........

everything out and ready to go.....

layering up the cut glass....

placing the kiln on a plate and off to the micro.....

cooked and cooling.....

More layering of glass, love this bit....

and more......hooked on this bit...

Hey Presto

Lush
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...